Re: JavaTC

Hi Michael,

I wish it were that simple. It's not. In Javatc's Power section (transformer), you will see information regarding sparklength as based on power input, cap size, etc... But, if the secondary and primary are poorly designed, all bets are off. There are some rules of thumb to the design of a Tesla Coil to ensure good operation. These rules of thumb are nothing more than experience, but they are essential. You won't find those rules of thumb in a program (although, it might be a good idea).

Javatc will tell the tale for the resonant frequency's, tuning, etc.., but for sparklengths and the like, well, experience and designing to known geometry's will certainly help. Questions regarding those aspects will certainly help prevent a disappointing outcome.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Michael Ong" <omenowner725@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hello, i was wondering if any of you could tell me what number on the javaTC program will tell me how powerful my coil will be, or what number i should be most concerned with. My guess is that its the Mutual inductance, but i could be total wrong. anyways your help is greatly appricated, thank you

___