Re: primary design?

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

sounds like a pita way to use somthing besides copper tubing.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:09 PM
Subject: primary design?

Original poster: "R. Amaya" <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi everyone,
On My next tesla coil, I am wanting to make a cilindrical primary but I was wanting to use rings of coper (the rings will have a gap) held in place one on top of the other. The rings will be conected in series by attaching a wire to one end of one ring and connecting it to one end of the next ring above the first ring and the other end of the second ring will be conected to one end of the third ring. or I might wire the rings in a paralell form. Does anyone see a problem with these designs? Would one design give better performance than the other? Any coments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Robert A.