Re: health question

You are
correct in your assumption that you received far more x-radi-
ation from your full mouth x-rays at your dentist than you ever
could, probably in a life time, by running high voltage through
your homemade vaccum tube if 25"/Hg is all of the vacuum that you can pump them down to. I think you're pretty "safe"
at least from an x-ray production point of view ;^)

David Rieben"

If you can't pump the tube down to "black" (NO visible discharge with HV on) you probaly needn't worry. Soft tubes worked at a bit higher pressure in order to bet enough electrons to the anode but I'll bet you're a long way from there.

Ed