Re: GDT --> Optron

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

I see it the exact *opposite* way.  GDTs are easy to wind, do not
allow cross conduction by default, and are easier than opto-coupler.
Drawbacks of using opto-couplers... 1) each switch needs its own
isolated power supply, 2) you can accidentally turn on more than 1
opto when you shouldnt, 3) optos add some delays (though you can get
really fast ones), and 4) higher parts count.

GDTs only seemed like a headache before i actually made one and saw
how simple they are to make function properly.