Re: 50A Twist Lock Connectors (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 03:29:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 50A Twist Lock Connectors (fwd)

Keep your eyes on eBay. I was able to pick up a
matching plug and receptacle for a fraction of the new
price ($7.49 + $9.99). Mine were smaller than you're
looking for. I also found it hard to be sure one
person's plug would fit another's receptacle, so I
emailed an online eBay store and told him what I was
loing for. I even got a shipping price break for
buying both from him.

If you can live with 30 amp, it looks like you can
easily buy a plug and a receptacle for under $30.
Also, read the descriptions carefully. Often if the
price seems kinda high, it's because they're selling 5
or 10 of them. You can always resell the ones you
don't need.

Adam