Re: 14.4 Kv 5 kva pole pig. (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:17:24 -0800 (PST)
From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 14.4 Kv 5 kva pole pig.  (fwd)

> Hi Greg, all,
>
> Due to the current litiguous society that we are
> living
> in, I am a bit hesitant to just "blurt out" the
> source of
> my "honey hole" to just any and everybody. I would
> be
> happy to fix up any list member with a pole pig and
> not
> charge any "finder's fee", but only after getting a
> chance
> to carry on some personal dialogue with whomever I
> "hook up" before hooking them up. We've already lost
>
> T&R Electric as a prime pig supplier for coilers due
> someone not knowing what they were doing when they
> obtained their pig and then threatening to sue when
> it
> supposedly malfunctioned (or at least that's what
> I've
> heard) and I really don't want to lose my "honey
> hole"
> source because of someone else's stupidity. If you
> are
> 21 years or older and would really like to get one
> or
> more pole pigs, then please contact me off-list and
> we
> can discuss it further. Sorry that just one or two
> bad
> apples can ruin things for the rest of us ;^(
>
> David Rieben

Not a problem David.  I understand completely.  I'm
not really serious about obtaining a pig right now--I
just like knowing the location of rebuilder/rewinder
businesses for "some day".

For one thing, I already own a serviceable 11KV pig.
It stood in a couple of feet of salty floodwater in my
garage for a few hours, but no water got inside the
jacket.  It seems fine.  For another thing, I'm not
even active in the hobby right now.  I'm still
rebuilding and remodeling my home thanks to a radical
makeover imposed by hurricane Katrina. This list is
really my only participation in the hobby since Sep
2005.  Maybe in a year or two I'll actually have time
to properly search my area for transformer rewinding
shops.

There's an industrial motor/generator rewinding shop
only about 4 miles from me (Long Beach, MS).  They are
only about 3 blocks from the beach.  It's incredible
that they still exist!  I wonder if they redo
transformers too?  If I ever get this house finished,
I'll go find out.

Cheers,

Greg

http://hot-streamer.com/greg