Re: Wire length (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:45:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire length (fwd)

The "Col. Springs magnifier coil" that D.C. refers to is the master
oscillator transformer, the secondary of which does not function as a
helical resonator.  The voltage gain is, for the most part, a function
of
the ratio of transformation.  If one were to build a classic Tesla coil
with
a short, fat secondary, then arcing to the primary would eventually
occur as
the input power was increased.

  I beg to differ.....if the coils were 25 ft in diameter and the height  0.45 times that....and a big fat toroid on top....AND  the primary insid the secondary.....I doubt you would get strikes to the primary...

  Mike