RE: power factor cap? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:35:59 -0500
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: power factor cap? (fwd)

You'll not find anything useful for power factor correction in TV's or
monitors.  What you need are motor RUN capacitors, not motor start
capacitors and not electrolytic capacitors.  Purchased new, suitable run
capacitors are very expensive (by coiler standards).  But eBay has
plenty of good caps - you just need to be able to tell the good ones
from the bad ones.  If the description includes the word START or lists
the uF value as a range, i.e. 64-77uF, you don't want it.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA