Re: rca 807 specs

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 12/8/06 3:29:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "miles waldron" <mileswaldron@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone have the pinouts for the RCA 807 tubes? Or where a silly person
like me can find out this kind of information? Are there any interesting
VTTC schematics that use this vacuum tube? What are these big huge Macroni
810's all about? Any tube heads out there?

Miles

Hi Miles,

From the RCA TT-5 Manual "Transmitting Tubes"

The 807 Beam power tube pinouts:

1& 5 Heater
2  Grid 2
3  Grid 1
4 Grid 3 & cathode
Cap  Plate

Max Plate voltage 750 Volts
Max Power out 60 Watts

The 810 is a power triode good for 750 Watts @ 2500 volts ICAS class C

If you like real books,The TT-5 manual occasionally shows up on eBay, or reprints are available from Antique Electronic Supply Co. Tempe, AZ. (<$20) The RCA manual TT-3 also comes up used sometimes, is older, (ca 1938) and does not have some of the tubes in the TT-5. Both of these contain a wealth of info on tube theory and design as well as complete schematics for a number of devices. While I haven't had to design anything with tubes since 1968, I can try to remember a few things. ;^))

Hope this helps,

Matt D.