Re: MMC Survivability

Yes, your right Terry! The 940C20P47K-F are right there for the task at hand. The 0.15uF are so common to coilers, that maybe we bypass what is right there available under our noses. Thanks for sharing that. That expands my coiling universe a little bit.

Take care,
Bart

Vardan wrote:

Hi,

Although a lower voltage thing, the SISG pushes RMS currents to the 35 Arms region!! At that point, fully metalized MMCs become the dominate choice. Far higher capacitance but lower peak currents while still having considerable RMS current... The CD 940C20P47K-F at 451 amps peak at 13Arms is a choice. One needs to consider the caps at:

http://cde.com/catalogs/940C.pdf

Easily available from rell.com or mouser.com... If you can handle the "tech", ScanTesla easily resolves the current details:

http://drsstc.com/~scantesla/scantesla800(beta).zip

Cheers,

        Terry