Re: Units of electricity

Original poster: "Chris Rutherford" <chrismrutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jared,

Didn't Tesla himself use the old mechanical analogies for tuned circuit, i.e. likening them to a mass on spring with friction, referring to things like impedance as inertia, or am i mistaken here? I have often noted the similarities between mechanical and electrical systems. Take for example the energy stored in a capacitor E=1/2CV^2 (c=capacitance, v=voltage) and then look at the energy in a moving object E=1/2MV^2 (m=mass, v=velocity). I agree with you, but it would be nice to see these things worked out from first principles.

Thanks

Chris R