Re: Building A VTTC

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Dr. H,

The staccato contrrollerr must be more than just a pulse-width controller. PWCs cannot lower the frequency at which the pulses occur, only their width., ie you can't get 20 PPS from a 60 Hz source with just a pulse-width controller. While any tube can be operated far below its design parameters for longevity, some tubes are designed so that, when operating properly, they are in the "glowing plate mode" without melting. When in doubt R.T.F.M. (RCA TT-5) ;^)

73s / 88s ???
Matt D.