NST Fried?

Original poster: "Hajdrowski, Leo T." <leo.hajdrowski@xxxxxxx>

Hello Everyone,

After switching from x-ray capacitors to MMC's my son's and my tesla coil was running great for about 5 minutes producing beautiful long streamers....what a sight!

Then it just stopped. I disconnected the NST xfmr (12KV - 60MA) from the coil, connected a pair of wires to the terminals to see if it would produce an arc. It did, but the wires had to be a minimum of 1/4" away before the arc would start and it would grow to only about 1".

Is my NST fried?  Can it be fixed?

Thanks.

        Leo