Re: MMC Question.

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Glen,

There is no magic number for resonance. It follows primarily from the physical size of the coil. Physically larger coils have more inductance and more inter-turn capacitance than small coils. Since resonant frequency, F0=1/[2pi*sqrt(LC)], a larger coil will tend to have lower frequency than a small one. Most people start with a coil in the 3"-6" diameter range which usually results in a coil in the 100 kHz to 300 kHz resonant range. Odd configurations and greatly over or undersized toploads can alter this somewhat, but these are not typical.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.