Re: Big SISG Coil First Light - New Charging Circuit Works Too!!

Hi Scott,

I have two of them, made from a 2 x 2 array of CD 940C20P47K-F caps from:

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=940C20P47K-F

They had the best price for "just ten"... I sort of spent extra time on the "package" since stray caps hanging off their leads has been a bother here ;-))

I made a big picture here:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/BigSISGCoil/DaCaps.JPG

But just four caps in there and the rest is filled with the cool foam. Each cap has two 4.7Meg 1/2 Watt carbon resistors across it held with Kapton tape for safety bleed. I wish now I had stuffed it all into one package... But I did not know it was going to work so good before...

Cheers,

        Terry