Paralleling Variacs

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am building my power control center for my big coil. I am paralleling three Staco variacs, rated at 30A, 520V each. I built 2 paralleling chokes. Do I attach the wipers of 2 of the variacs to the outside terminals of one choke (3rd wire is a centertap of this coil), this now being the output of this pair? Then attach this tapped output to one of the outside legs of choke #2, and the other outside leg to the wiper of the 3rd variac? then the centertap of choke 2 is the main output of the 3 vriacs. Long and a little confusing, I know! Hope this is clear, and I'm ok with this. In particular Bart ( or Bert?) and Scott D. have discussed this in detail some years back on this list, but I can't seem to find wiring diagrams for 3 variacs. As always I look foreward to your replies.

Mike