Re: Re rotary gap design

Hi,

At 06:42 PM 4/24/2006, you wrote:
Hi, well you might grind a groove with a diamond grinding wheel, too hard to
machine except for the tuffest of machines with diamond tooling. cul brian
f.

Ok. That would have been too easy anyway :-) I have used 3" diamond lab saws to cut 1/8 in W rod and it took an hour... I could imagine mounting the rod with a little turning motor to cut a nice grove. But the saw blades are like $200 a pop...

But perhaps shrinking a ring collar on the rod as was suggested... I guess it depends on how one wants to do it...

Cheers,

        Terry