Re: Ammeters and Voltmeters

Original poster: "Neal Namowicz" <mr_neal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: Ammeters and Voltmeters

This was a question I thought of posting myself. I have an old dc Voltmeter from an x-ray machine, that I thought I might be able to utilize on my coil somehow. It's just collecting dust now, so I may as well do something with it. Any thoughts about what kind of conversion would be needed to perhaps monitor the voltage on my primary would be appreciated. Thanks all, for your help.

Neal.

Hi Gregory,

I would think you ought to be able to modify them to work. Something like a rectifying diode, resister, and capacitor (if needed). You will need to recalibrate them with the resistor value easy to compare to a DMM.

Gerry R.