Re: Breakdown voltage at submillimeter distances?

Original poster: Robert Clark <bobbygc2001@xxxxxxxxx>

 Thanks for the detailed response. I was thinking of
creating small capacitors using very small gap spacing
based on the idea that the breakdown voltage would
start rising again at the left end of the Paschen
curve. Your references seem to put the scotch on that
idea.
 However, I've read that the shape of the electrodes
has an effect on the measurements: pointed ones give
off more electrons than flat ones.
 What would be the result if we used flat plates
(atomically flat even)?

   Bob Clark