Re: False sense of security, thread locker

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/9/06 1:25:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Also, only use it in metal holes.
>Loctite can expand and if used in laminate
>materials will crack the material due to expansion (hydraulic pressure).

    Interesting!
Along those same lines, I considered water-jet cutting the outline and pilot holes in my rotor. After all, it's the water-jet machine is CNC controlled and would accurately locate the hole centers for later precision drilling/reaming. However, I was told that at thicknesses past 1/4", laminates (even the fancy G-XX stuff) will de-laminate from the water jet.

-Phil LaBudde