Re: potential gain vs. power in TC systems

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> My SGTC has a Watt's number of 3.0. (32 inch primary, 96  inch
> spark).

> My DRSSTC gave a 60" spark from a 14" tall coil which is a watts
> number of 4.28.

"Watt`s" or "watts"? what are you talkin about both - is it official
term among "coilers" for spark/secondary length ratio? % ) if so -
sorry, i didn`t know, i just have said that 1.92 it`s Freau number
calculated from volt*amps, and since generally (ok - for sg coils
without active pfc : D) power factor < 1, Freau number calculated from
real power (i.e. watts) can be, say, about sqrt(20%) higher - 2.1 for
example : )

that "rare, lofty Freau number", tee-hee-hee : )

-----
Not to worry. We all have days when our brains play tricks on us.
20-11-97 (c)  Thomas McGahee