Re: potential gain vs. power in TC systems

I will email the chicken wire toroid off-list. We actually use turkey cage wire as it is a finer mesh and not as stiff to work with.

Dr. Resonance

Hi John,Et Al
I too am building a 12" coil. Do you think it would be pushing the ratio to
go 72" 6:1. 18AGW magnet wire. I was planning on going to .5" primary to get
more diameter but I'm not sure what this does to the comparative inductance.

Is it true that a torrid is best designed at a 3:1 ratio thus 60" would seek
a 20" minor diameter? DC if you are reading this please share how you make
your chicken wire torrids!

Regards,
Jim Mora