Re: Isolated FET/IGBT Pulse Driver for HV Applications <EDN>

Original poster: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ken

I'm running Firefox, I'll verify that I can download it.  Make sure you
have latest version as well (I upgraded about 2 months ago).

It is definitely one of the best / simplest high power driver designs
I've seen in a long time (and I've researched well over 100 of them
for work and home).  Charge transfer "latching" of a FET or IGBT
on or off is well "elegant"  :^D

I saw a similar design used by an Austrialian University for Matrix
Converter isolated drivers (IEEE Transactions), cost and size was
driving force.  It was about as simple, but didn't allow bias point
adjustment (fixed 9V drive, so you could use floating 9V transistor
batteries...   %^D).

Good luck on your DRSSTC design, hope this info is useful!

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe,TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA