To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: Combining mots

Original poster: Allan & Sandra <allan_sandra@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi List
Has anyone thought of taking apart 2 or more mots of the same size combining the 2 E cores leaving one primary winding and have 2 maybe 3 Secondaries wired in series making one big mot adding as many shunts as possible.Then weld the 2 E cores together Would this work? it would be nice to have a 4 or 6 Pack mot stack combined into 2 tranies. I have had good success taking them apart using a cutting disk then taping the center laminations out first to free them from the windings undamaged so i could
reuse the wire.
Just an idea any feed back would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Al Scott
Hamilton , Ontario , Canada