Re: Dwell time, etc

Ah! Thankyou. This wasn't clear to me. Seems like a larger cap would be in order :-)) I guess for STR operation, this would be a problem and may be why asyc rotors are oftem run at high RPM.

Gerry R

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx
The second type of re-ignition (the bad type) is when the
energy has rung down, then the power supply charges
the cap to a high enough voltage to fire the gap while
the electrodes are still aligned.

Some of the terminology makes it a little difficult to
make things clear.  The terminology is not always well
defined in Tesla coil matters in general.