Re: Carbide Inserts for Rotary Electrodes

Brzing doesn't work. Ours are welded. With brazing they will fly off above a certain current level.

Dr. Resonance

Thanks, D.C. What I'm looking for is something more readily available than a
custom manufactured item. There was a post a few years ago regarding the use
of carbide 'bullets' used in road grading or boring machines IIRC, and I was
hoping someone had information regarding the types of these that were
working for them.

Barring readily available screw-in inserts, I am considering brazing my own
to brass stock. Any information on these, as well as the brazing process
itself and carbide in general, would be appreciated.

I do realize that you have a business with this sort of thing (which is a
great resource), and that you might consider information of this type to be
proprietary.

I'm looking at this as a hobbyist on a shoestring (more like a dental floss)
budget who is hoping other hobbyists have approached this issue before and
would be willing to share their experiences and methods with another
hobbyist. Because the labor you provide isn't free, as much of the work I
can do myself means more raw materials I am able to purchase to further my
hobby.

I'm not in this for profit, just for sparks, and for the enjoyment of
manufacturing my own components as much as possible, including learning new
techniques and methods of fabrication to further my own abilities.

Thanks,

Jon