Re: Skip's DRSSTC

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey,
I'm using the same IGBTs you are (~200khz), and have gotten 37" so far, with around 400A peak. The IGBTs can do at least 600A at this frequency (33vgs?). This is all with a half bridge. With a full bridge, I'm sure 58" is possible.

0.24 is good for the K, you don't need to push it past there really.

On 9/29/05, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Original poster: Skip Greiner <<mailto:sgreiner@xxxxxxxxx>sgreiner@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve
Don't forget I am using IRG4PC40W IGBTs,  not HGT1N40N60A IGBTs. Do
you really think 58" is possible? If so how much dc will I need on
the collectors to get to 58" ? I believe that I am running k at about
.24 right now. I am afraid to go much higher.Also the decoupling caps
are not across the IGBTs.
Skip