Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 27 Sep 2005, at 21:51, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> To all,
>
> Is it not true that RC networks can only have poles on the real
> axis.  How do you get imaginary pole/zeros???
>
> Gerry R.

Agreed (first sentence). You don't (second sentence). But you can
certainly produce a bandpass/bandstop function without the use of
feedback and it does *look* like a resonant circuit if (a) you
consider just the frequency response and (b) realise that energy is
being dissipated rather than stored.

Malcolm