Re: New DRSSTC first light and a question

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Where exactly did you place the CT? You didnt put it on the "hot" side of the primary did you? You want it to be on the output of the H-bridge, and not at the junction of Cp and Lp where considerable voltage will be present (many kV).

My CTs *NEVER* run warm at all (even when pushing my large coil with 1000A pk and 9000W input power).

How many turns are on the secondary of the CT? For using a single core, you should have maybe 200 turns on it. OR, you can do as i have and wind a pair of 1:33 turn CTs, and have the first CT's secondary feed the next CT's primary.

When you say "the feedback winding is one turn on the core", do you mean the output has only 1 turn? That would be *Really* bad.

Steve