Re: 8 kHz Tesla Coil

Hi,

At 01:00 PM 9/17/2005, you wrote:
,,,,,,,,,

Mike"

Did you see the correction? It ONLY takes about 10k turns, not 100k.
Ten times easier and onlyi 1/10 of the number of wire breaks. I
actually wound a coil on a 1" form using #40 once. Forget the details
now or why I did it. By holding the form in my hand, feeding the wire
over the end of the spool, and being very very very careful I actually
got almost an inch of winding without breaking or obvious overlaps.
Took a long time. Whole proposition is silly, of course. After looking
at this take a look at what the "home receiver" coils would have looked
like for Tesla's World Power Scheme if it had operated at 8 kHz, let
alone the 7 Hz some people imagine.

Ed

I think #40 wire is only rated for 6mA. I wonder if a coil made with it would just burn the wire right out... Secondary coils do need to handle "some" current.

Cheers,

Terry