Re: 8 kHz Tesla Coil

">Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Tesla list wrote:
>
>Large resistance per inch of secondary, so lower Q than normal, less
>resonant rise, and broader band output.   But are these values
>UNREASONABLY low?
I guess that depends on what you want to do with the coil. If it's
just to produce sparks, probably not a problem. Other tid bits have
changed, but I'm a firm believer that any obstical can be overcome.
For some other purpose, who knows. I can tell you however, Javatc
thought this coil needed at least 8 awg wire on the secondary. That
is from skin depth formulae, so there is quite a bit of loss in a
coil down to 40 awg. Kind of intersting regardless.

Take care,
Bart"

	Have you calculated the dimensions of a coil to resonate at this
frequency with a secondary wound with #8 wire?

Ed