Re: Telivised "electrocution" via Tesla coil

At 05:03 PM 9/15/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi All,

Since this was an admitted fake, depicting Tesla coils as dangerous devices, and since the show did not tell people that this was simulation and gave other deliberately false information (3 MV+) which harmed the reputation of the hobby and its participants, perhaps it is time to be proactive with a "TCML et. al. v. A&E TV et. al." class action lawsuit. At least they could be forced to make a public admission that the information was false and the "accident" was faked.

Anybody know a good hungry lawyer?

Matt D.

While it might make you feel better, I can tell you from hard personal experience that lawsuits in the entertainment industry are not only a standard negotiating tactic, but also make money only for attorneys and attorney support professionals (court reporters, etc.).

And, besides, they'll say it was "based on a true phenomenon".

Nice to think about, however. As the Bard put it, "The first thing we'll do is...."; clearly, things weren't all that different 400 years ago in "the industry".