From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:44 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Line Filter for main power

Hi,

I use them to help the fundamental frequency and especially higher
frequencies from the coil out of the AC wiring.  I also use MOV
(voltage clamps) to keep the AC line voltage spice below 220 Volts.

A good RFI protector strip often sold for computers does much the same
thing.

The Idea is to protect other equipment in the house from voltage
spikes or RF noise that may affect them.  Voltage spike and do damage
directly while power RF on the line can lock computers or other fancy
electronics.

Cheers,

         Terry