Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> So, if one takes a charged macroscopic body and
> waves it
> longitudnally back and forth a longitudinal time
> variable electric
> field is produced.

The body is charged and you're moving it. Technically
that counts as an electric current, so I expect it
would produce a magnetic field. And any power you
could convey to another object would be expressed by
the Poynting vector as usual.

Remember that accelerated charges radiate both E and H
fields, according to EM theory, and I bet it doesn't
matter whether they are accelerated along a conductor,
or on a balloon waved at arm's length.

If this is true, it means you can generate radio waves
by tossing a battery out of the window. :-)

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/