Re: Base current......Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Dan.

> Original poster: "Dan" <DUllfig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> well, let me tell you: if you read Tesla's deposition when he was
> being sued by the Marconi corporation, Tesla clearly states that for
> "power transmission" he would run his coil in undamped wave mode,
> without streamers!

has i ever said that my values are for the case with a streamers
present? not at all.

> PS.: by the way, are those figures calculated by software, or actual
> measurements?

calculated by software, which is based on the measuring results of
many real coils :

http://www.classictesla.com/fantc/fantc.html

> the figures could be the result of incorrect modeling
> of the software, like if it was treating the circuit as a lumped
> element circuit, instead of a resonant one.

impossible. read this first:
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn1710/

"Examples of voltage and current distribution profiles for Tesla
secondary coils.

Example 8: Typical coil with toroid

The transimpedance is 43K ohms, much higher than the 29K predicted by
a cosine current profile, and almost equal to the _uniform current_
value of 45K ohms."

you may read this if you would be interested in future:
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

:-D

btw - here are charts for my coil:

http://cis.ru/~dest/bare.GIF
http://cis.ru/~dest/toroid.GIF

i think that "peaks" are present only at inefficient coil, with a
funny small toroid, or even without one :-)))