Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter (long)

Original poster: "Dan" <DUllfig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

By the way, in the US anything under 9kHz is not regulated by the FCC. I am wondering why not build coils in that range?
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter (long)

Original poster: Steve Conner <<mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 > The UK has
 > a LF experimenters band.  In the U.S. we've asked
 > for it several
 > times and been rebuffed.

Sorry :-/ I am in the UK. I didn't realise you never
had in the US. Europe has had it since 1998 I think.
There is a restriction of a few watts, but it's ERP.

Ralph Hartwell runs WC2XSR/13 with a 400 watt
transmitter on 168kHz. I think he is still within the
power limit due to the antenna being so inefficient.

<http://w5jgv.com/lowfer_166r5.htm>http://w5jgv.com/lowfer_166r5.htm

> And, regardless, Type B (damped wave), e.g. Spark > gap transmitter, > emissions are strictly forbidden.

I suppose I should have mentioned that, but I thought
it went without saying. Quartz locked SSTCs only ;)

Steve