Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

You can take two identical (wire-length*) half wave coils and place
them in line such that a single plate from a powered coil is in close
proximity to a single plate of an unpowered coil.

You will find that energy transmits across the capacitor plate to the
unpowered coil. You will also find that if you remove the breakout
points between the capacitors of the two coils, that energy is
transmitted without any visible arc between the two coils. But the
level of power transmitted is greatly diminished without the arc.

(wire-length*, Larry and I have only tested this with wire length
coils)

We have not tested ground transmissions. But we have found that a
single wires whose length is a multiple of a quarter wavelength can be
used to transmit power.

My best guess would be that Tesla's giant coil was transmitting energy
through the ground. The top end capacitor is a nessesity for
resonance, but it seems unlikely to me that it was an active component
for the actual power transmission.

Jared Dwarshuis