Re: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists - WHERE IS THE RETURN PATH???

Original poster: Mark Fergerson <mfergerson1@xxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

If it is just a single conductor, imagine what happens if it hits a grounded target... Guess "who" is between the high voltage and ground in that case!!! Sort of like arcing a Tesla coil to ground while you are holding it...

Exactly like that; a battery powered man-portable VTTC (BPMPVTTC) no less ("VT" because we _are_ basically talking 10-ft-long sword arcs). Hold that thought...

I would go for a battlefield reconfigurable system based on  LEGO...
http://www.ozbricks.com/battlespace/pics/locust/locust_BL.jpg

What, a _parts-swappable_ BPMPVTTC (PSBPMPVTTC)?

By parts-swappable, I assume you mean a selection of tubes w/ associated bias components, primary and secondary coils, caps, gaps, toroids etc. that plug into a common power supply/stock assembly.

Why do this, because you expect lots of burnt-out parts, for different battlefield conditions like temperature, humidity, smoke etc, or what?

Where to get 1" heavy-silverplated bayonet connectors with multi-KV insulation?

  Power supply; backpack, wheelbarrow or a small truck?

You'd want full-body chainmail (helmet visor with protective squarish strike-ring rim) with a drag chain. The manufacturers seem to be thinking Star Trek; seems to me more like a Commando Cody/Steampunk fusion.

  This could be the Next Big Thing at Tesla Conventions or Burning Man.

  Mark L. Fergerson