Re: Dan's ultrafast gate drive, schematic?

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey,

I don't have an exact schematic, but I remember the concept. He was basically rectifying the output, and using it as a DC/DC converter, and getting the signal from the diode bridge, so the transformer supplied both power and signal.

It should be possible to get it to cope with variations in duty cycle, with a proper DC blocking capacitor, but it might be tricky to get it to work right.

On 9/7/05, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Original poster: Jan Wagner <<mailto:jwagner@xxxxxxxxx>jwagner@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

there used to be a schematic for an ultrafast transformer coupled
gate drive on Dan McCauleys homepage
(<http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com>http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com) that I think he used in some
audio amp SSTC. But now a lot of site sections are "under work" and I
can't find the PDF/schematic for this circuit.
Does someone still have a copy?

I was considering to use it in a high power digital audio amp. And
BTW, maybe someone has the circuit or schematic, /and/ even knows if
it can cope with large duty cycle variations from pulse to pulse, as
needed for audio amp work? :-)

Thanks!
- Jan