Re: asking for assistance Katrina Scot D

Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed, Mark,
                     As I am also a ham (35 years and counting) I was quite
interested in this as I heard like stories. That was not the locals, that
was FEMA driven. Also, they (FEMA) cut the emergency lines and the locals
put them back together, posted armed guards at the splice point and told
FEMA the armed guards meant it, do not cut again.
Please see http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9179790/ and further down in the
interview, you will see this and other things as told by the city gov't
people. Something not right going on in N.O., between them and the Feds;
Also they got a call from coast guard, come get 1000 gallons of fuel, they
came, the coast guard said a message came while locals were on the way, that
now they were not to give them the fuel. Read the transcript.
As far as the delay of letting the hams in, I followed some info at the ARRL
page and the prez of ARRL had a message to be patient about going in, not
adding to mess there.
But on day 2, the cell towers were taken off line. Why the effort to slow or
retard communications?
Very strange. Also some QRM reports of transmissions on IF frequencies,
close in, 455 KC and the standard dual and triple conversion freqs, overload
mode. Plus the usual band clutter, some pirates.
Not like field day intermod, this was described as IF strong signal
blanking.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:07 AM Subject: Re: asking for assistance Katrina Scot D