Re: salt for saltwater caps

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Most people use plain salt with no additives, Sodium Chloride. Serious
consideration for long time service requires some thought.  Chlorine eats
copper. so if copper or brass electrodes ar e used Copper sulfate may be a
better choice. I use sodium chloride because it is very conductive, but I
use Titanium electrodes. These do not carrode even after years of survice.
  Robert   H