Re: Uman's book (was:The Electrum Project)

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the response.
-----

> I do have all of them. A couple are more "popular"
> and entertaining
> than others, but all are quite good. The best for
> scholarly lightning
> researchers are "The Lightning Discharge" (1987) and
> "Lightning:
> Physics and Effects" (2003).
-----

I guess that "The Lightning Discharge",which I have,
should be enough for me than.
It is true that the  lightning research  has
progressed  much since 1987. ,mostly due to technology
involved,and some aspects like wistlers/sprites,X-ray
burst emissions are not covered at all by it,but
overall it's a well written and informative piece of a
sci-literature.
I didn't find some serious objections to it (except
maybe clarity in regard to considerations of a channel
specific energy dissipated by an average first return
stroke ),and will recommend it to anyone intersted in
the subject if asked.

Certainly,I think I'm not going to buy $200 book.
Maybe it is well worth a money ,monster size and
up-to-date,but the price is overkill by my standards.

Best Regards,
Regards

_