Re: Trsstc - Not so good, apparently

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Antonio,
Nice job on the simulators. I discovered the zoom function on the plots but
could not
find a shift function. Is there one? Some color on the reference waveforms
would be nice.

I made an update in the programs today. There are pan functions with the keys u, d, <, >, a, and r. Now the reference has colors too. http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs

In primary feedback, the drive has a habit of changing phase relative to the
input current so it sucks out the power.

Primary current feedback is to prevent this. Something that can happen in the trsstc case is that the first oscillation in the primary current is not enough to change its polarity, and so with primary feedback the driver operates at a too low frequency.

How about a version with C1 in parallel with L1 and some R in Vin, for a
tube type configuration.

A realistic system would have to model the tubes too. Not difficult, but I would have to take a look at how.

PS:  It probably does not make much design sense to consider an open circuit
(oc) driver
looking in to L ie number overflow. That may be why you needed the R when
you oc the driver

Yes, but in principle the driver could be switched off (I know that the construction of the driver would be somewhat weird for this) when the primary current crosses zero. I wanted to know what would happen with the voltage over the open driver (it grows above the normal level). The numerical problem happens with the free-wheeling diodes too. Try to increase the resistance of the open driver and see what happens (before the program crashes).

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz