Re: srsg + mots - happy couple :-P

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Coupling has to be measured under loaded conditions. Any
> unloaded transformer is going to give a false (high) figure under no
> load.

i agree here.
the more the current - the more power lines are shorted through
the air. the question is - _how  much_ do these values would be
overestimated, i guess maximum for several percents. we`ll see it
when i have more free time.

> A quick and dirty way of seeing how good the coupling really is is to
> note whether the switchboard breaker pops when the secondary is
> shorted.
> Note this applies only to sizable transformers - small appliance
> transformers have too much resistance and will burn themselves out to
> protect the breakers.

and here i disagree.
i propose to do in a such way - short the mot`s secondary with an ammeter,
the voltage on the primary should be slowly increased from 0 till
the value, when the current in  secondary is equal to our load current
- about 250ma (2kw four mots pack). in such case we`ll  have the
same H values as under the load, and then we have to calculate Ls like
Steve Conner said.
there is absolutely no need to pop any breaker.
objections?