Re: SMALL SPARKS: PLENTY OF POWER- NO TIME

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/24/05 2:51:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>One of my coils has a BIG problem, It's drawing
>20amps, and making 3.5 foot sparks.  This is VERY BAD.
>  I have no idea why it is acting up, but I belive it
>might be due to bad coupeling?!  {note: the winding
>starts 1" above the bottom winding of the HELICAL
>primary}
>
>Operation of the coil is VERY STEADY, and is NOT
>erratic at all.  I am pretty shure I have my SRSG set
>where it should be.

Jeremiah,

well you could try lowering the secondary until you get racing
sparks and then raise it so they stop.  This way you can find
teh correct coupling position.

A sync motor can be out of sync both in phase and rpm,
and still give steady running depending on the exact rpm.
I forget if you said you verified with fluorescent light to see
if the rotor is truly in sync.

John