Re: srsg + mots - happy couple?

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Thanks for this idea,
> I am working (slowly)on a 4 to 6 MOT DC design

i saw your posts about mot psu in 2002 archives (i guess), so i
thought you`ve done it already :-)

> Mine is DC filtered with ASRSG

may i ask you a question? asynchronous relatively to what - to DC? :-D

>  but this idea seems to represent a very cost
> effective method.

if you wanna change the bps say from 0 up to 300 - this idea is not for
you, as i`m building a psu with fixed (100) bps, and all my bangs must
have the same energy - it`s my philosophy %-)
for the 0-300 bps case DC charging is great, but it sucks from the
point of the rsg loading :-P

> My L is based on gapped MOT's which will do the job with a series parallel
> array

yes, they can do the job, but imo very poorly - mots contain minimum of
the copper, as they`re designed to be very cheap, so i guess that the
mot-based inductor would have the inductance in several times less
than the custom made one, _with the same weight and size_ :-)
you`d better wind it yourself, like here:

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/07_02_14.jpg

or here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/db-single-MOT-coil/reactor_finished.JPG

even if you remove the primary and put another secondary there - it
would be (as i see it) junk anyway :-)

> PS look for my post soon on how the L of a MOT secondary changes with DC
> bias in the secondary, this will be a correctyion of a post a few months
> ago.

why do you put DC into the secondary? it`s not convenient for
measurements - you`d better put it into the primary, from the current
source based on any cheapest voltage source -  lm 7812 for example,
then the L of secondary can be measured by any method :-) but don`t forget
to increase primary current into ~10 times ;-)