Re: DRSSTC running pretty good!

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm wondering what the size of your secondary coil and toroid is??

Hi Gerry,

The secondary coil is 5" x 14" wound length, with 0.315mm wire. (about 30AWG I think?) The toroid is a 4" x 13" John Freau with a breakout point.

It will run without a breakout, and give streamers from the smooth toroid, but it flashes down the inside of the secondary former rather a lot when I do that, so I leave the breakout point on.

I remember a UK poster asking about grades of enamelled wire. I since found out that the wire my secondary is wound with is only Grade 1.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/