Re: Mike Marcum Ferrite Cores

Original poster: mecortner@xxxxxxxxxx

-snip-
>You're going to hate this answer but it depends on the core material.
>In general, the more square the B-H curve is, the faster the core
>will saturate (i.e. with less applied magnetic field).

>Malcolm

Well I guess I'll just have to build the thing and see what happens. That Book My friend has with the patent number in it wasn't at his shop in town, he'll check out at his place this week, until then I might just sketch it out and send it in as a JPG. Is that OK Terry?

-snip-
>Maximum utilization of a given core is achieved by
>operating it with reversals (as in a half or full bridge drive
>configuration).

Are you kidding?? I just thought that the
magnetism travels through the material with
little resistance no matter what direction
it goes? If it's not too much trouble could
you please elaborate on this a little more?
Thanks!

---- Matt Cortner ----