DF-DRSSTC 15 was OL-DRSSTC 14

Hi All,

I guess I really like Direct Feedback - DRSSTC :-))

So DF-DRSSTC it is!!

The latest schematic is here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-SCHEMATIC.pdf

The latest parts list is here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-MasterPartsList.pdf

I am keeping the bias resistors at 47K since they seem to work just fine.
I put in the inrush current limiter and made the big line inductor an option.
The fuse is 10 amps now.
The trigger circuit tuning coil is on the schematic now.

A lot of cost could probably be trimmed off that. Like winding 100 turns of 4 strand of #24 wire around DigiKey #240-2120-ND (not tested!) which would take off $25. The PC board could probably be done without for another -$20. Some scrap aluminum and a hack saw could make heat sinks for -$12.... You really don't need the $16 big inductor coil... If you have a good strong little fan, that saves $12... So there goes $85 right there bringing the cost to about $70... That is darn cheap for ANY Tesla coil ;-)))) Of course, you still have the cost of the coil itself...

Here is a picture of the thing on a 12 inch square pad:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-2005-10-17-001.jpg

It weighs 900 grams total. The fan is 280 grams of that. 10% the weight of my "old" DRSSTC ;-))

Here is the input circuit with the fuse, big diode, and inrush current limiter.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-2005-10-17-002.jpg

The buss capacitor array:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-2005-10-17-003.jpg

The trigger circuit with the new parts I just got from DigiKey. The ceramic resistor is at 50C instead of 150C now ;-)

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-2005-10-17-004.jpg

The H-bridge and CTs:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-2005-10-17-005.jpg

I put may development notes (OL-DRSSTC posts) in this document for those that missed it ;-)

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/DF-DRSSTC-Notes.pdf

I just updated the thing with the new parts and wrote this up today...

There will probably not be regular updates now unless I figure out something new. I did not try to fine tune or optimize it much. So there are probably a bunch of improvements that can be made for sure!! All this was just to take it from "concept to coil". It all went very well :-))))

Cheers,

	Terry