Re: Tube TC

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Yes there appears to be a few peculiarities with the circuit. No voltage to
the lower tube, strange grid drive configuration, feedback form the
secondary and how does it work in class C with a series tank circuit with no
freewheeling path for the anode current? I bit like running igbts without
freewheel diodes on a series resonate primary. Perhaps the tank circuit has
a missing parallel C or it was it was intended to operate in class A.

An observation of the losses in the tank L. In general center tapped push
pull windings are less efficient  for a given weight of copper  because the
rms current is higher for a given average current. This is similar to a
center tapped mains transformer using two diodes i.e. only half the copper
is being used only half of the time. With a tuned circuit I suspect for a
given power and weight of copper there would be no difference.

Robert (R. A.) Jones A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl 407 649 6400 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:10 PM Subject: RE: Tube TC